Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Friend Preston


Preston, Preston, Preston!!! What do I say about Preston. Preston just turned 7 in July, we were glad to pay a little attention to Preston on his birthday. Preston has the middle child blues. (I guess we really have three middle children who can claim that right.) Preston is a very funny child. He loves to play jokes and make you laugh. He is not shy and will say just about anything to anyone.

When we brought Logan home from the hospital everyone was oohing and aahing over the baby, everyone except Preston. Preston's comment was "Such a big deal over such a little thing!" We all got a good laugh out of that, except Preston, he was dead serious. Preston really loves Logan though and can get him to calm down just like that.

As the weeks went on we had all the issues with Carter and his eyes. Preston's comments on that were "He's just doing that for attention." We had no comment on that to Preston.

Preston's favorite thing to say to me right now is "You don't love me!" or "You just hate me!" Now I can tell you these words have never escaped the mouth of his mother but he insists on telling me this anytime he is in trouble for teasing his brothers or not listening (which is often some days).

Then Austin and Aidan both had to have surgery so of course we heard more of the attention seeking speech from Preston. Yes Preston, I am sorry that you have perfect vision and are the only brother (besides Logan) who does not have to wear glasses. I'm sorry you are in perfect health and rarely have to go to the doctor.

Preston's middle child blues were fueled when Brian and I took all five boys to the eye doctor a couple of weeks ago for Carter's check up. As taking the five boys anywhere is a fiasco, we have only done this once. Our sweet friend Lori at the doctors office said to Preston "Are you a friend or a cousin?" Preston promptly replied "I AM A BROTHER!!" Yes, Preston is never seen at the eye doctor so they did not recognize his sweet little face. Poor Boy!

A few weeks ago I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting and I talked about Logan and Carter. I mentioned I was grateful for all my "beautiful boys" but only mentioned Logan and Carter by name. Preston's comment to Brian's Mom was "See, she doesn't love me, she didn't say my name." Oh my sweet Preston: I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

Preston has always been my biggest mama's boy and has always loved his mother very much. I tell him how much him saying that I don't love him hurts my feeling but we are still trying to out grow this phase. Hopefully it passes soon. So in the meantime Preston, I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: