Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Friend Carter


I have written a lot about Carter, so this will just be a little update. Carter is returning to his old self again. After his surgeries he was a little sad, and angry, and just not quite himself. I am happy to say that my feisty, little Carter is back and we get to see his smiling face a lot more often. Carter's eyes are healing well, everything is in place and where it should be. Carter still cannot see out of his right eye, but you would never know it, and he does not really complain, unless someone runs into him when we are in a crowded place. He gets a little peeved and is not shy about vocalizing his frustration. We just have to remind him that nobody can tell that he cannot see out of his right side so he just has to be patient with the innocent bystanders. I have to remember to be a little more vigilant for Carter and watch him to make sure he does not run into people, or things he cannot see. Carter is the ever faith filled little boy and is teaching his parents about patience and faith. When we ask him if he can see anything out of his eye yet, he checks, and then says "No, but I will soon." :) We love this boy!

No comments: