Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Have you ever had one of these days? I try not to have them very often, which some days requires a bit of mind control, but today I am letting it be one of those days!

So excuse my venting, my home has been a bit crazy the last couple of weeks. Brian working from home is taking some getting used to, but mostly I just need to get organized again and get back into my routine. Also, I have been a little bugged by the fact that we do not have an office so we are trying to make do in our very limited space. Brian really has been a trooper and has worked out of the chair in our bedroom or Logan's room for the past couple of weeks. But the lack of a place to put all of the stuff that comes with having Brian's office at home is driving me crazy. For the past two weeks I have been searching for a computer armoire to put Brian's office in and out of sight when he is not working. I searched and searched and thought that I had finally found the perfect piece, a little more than I wanted to pay but it seemed perfect so I convinced Brian that we should get it. Three days and many hours later the computer armoire is packed up and ready to be sent back!!! Mainly because once we got all the pieces out we realized it was all particle board and laminate wood. Not very sturdy and a huge ripe off since we paid many 100's (and not just a couple) for the thing (hence the reason it was so hard for me to convince Brian that this was the right piece in the first place).

Anyway, sorry for the vent, lessons learned: I will never by particle board or laminated wood furniture again!

So now my quest once again begins to find the right piece of SOLID WOOD office furniture that Brian and I will both be happy with. I have learned my lesson and will be patient until the perfect piece is found. So if any of you know a wonderful place to buy SOLID WOOD furniture, let me know:) OK, I feel better now!



2 comments:

Carissa said...

Craigslist. There are tons of real wood armoires for really cheap. I just checked today. I've bought and sold lots of stuff and never had a problem.

Rachel said...

We just got a solid wood armoire that we love on Craigslist for $100--so I think you should be able to find one too. Good luck!