Monday, October 6, 2008

Decluttering!!

My parents moved this past weekend, out of the house I lived in from the time I was 12. They were ready to downsize and move on. I finally took my boxes full of all the things that I thought were so important. It is funny how the older you get those valentines from 1st grade don't seem as important as they used to. I weeded though all the "very important" things I have saved from the past 30 something years and got 7 boxes down to 2. Some things I saved for that little girl, who never came, the little boys were not impressed with my Strawberry Shortcake collection, or the old Cabbage Patch dolls!

It was time for all the notes from middle and high school, although entertaining, to move on. But I did have to save some of the notes from my BFFIC:) Some things were thrown away so my posterity does not find out how silly I was in those growing up years. Although I did save many of my college pictures so I can remember how skinny I used to be, so my posterity can remember that too;) I think those college days were some of the best days of my former life, before motherhood of course.

Ahh to reminisce, but I think it was pretty easy for me too get rid of some of that stuff because I am so happy and content with my life right now, I feel less need to hold on to my past, I am enjoying looking forward to my future with these little boys!

4 comments:

kim said...

yes i remember the strawberry shortcake stuff, and the cabbage patch dolls. so fun to remember!

Angie said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe your folks aren't in that house any more! I can still drive right to it. Wow, I bet you felt like you were leaving a lot of memories behind. Thank goodness for all the new ones!

ashley & joe martin said...

One of my cabbage patch dolls is still at my moms and Faith picks it up every now and then. Now they have new ones that are way expensive and if you ask me not as cute.

Rachel said...

my parents recently moved too, and I had to go through all my crap I had kept around too!