Friday, October 17, 2008

My Little Old Man


My little Carter is such a sweet little boy, I have said many times before that he is a very old soul trapped in a little boys body. It was the very first impression I had when I held little newborn Carter in my arms. At first I thought it was so strange to feel that this tiny baby was really a little old man but over the past five years that first impression really has shown itself more and more to be true. The other day Carter was having a discussion about how you go about finding a wife. Yes, Carter is only five but he really asks some very deep questions sometimes, the fluffy answers will not do, Carter wants specifics. So after we go through the whole "You go on a mission first" song and dance we told Carter that he will meet a lot of girls and he will just have to get to know them and see if they like the same things he does and have the same values, etc., etc......Carter "Yeah, Yeahed" all that and then was quiet for a moment and asked "Can you marry an old lady (sorry Grandmas) like Grandma Condie or Grandma Rosie?"...silence from the parents...then we told him it might be better if he married someone his own age. Carter was seriously a little disappointed, so hopefully when the time comes Carter can find an old soul like himself, trapped in a young body, and they can grow old together.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Hi Vanessa!

Carissa tipped me off to your blog. You've got a beautiful or should I say very handsome family! It's fantastic to see all that you're doing.
Miki

bshigley said...

adorable!