Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL!!


Here is Austin on his first day of school.  Austin started middle school this year, YIKES!!!!  I have to say that Austin has adjusted very well.  Mom and Dad were definitely more nervous than Austin was.  I still think 6th grade is too young for middle school, it kind of feels like sending your baby into the lions den, but they keep the grades separated pretty well so the sixth graders don't really see the 7th or 8th graders very much.  Austin likes the freedom and responsibility that you have in middle school, he is ready to grow up, weather his parents are ready or not.  He joined track this year and is really enjoying that.  They run every day after school so Austin is pretty tired at the end of the day but he has been very good about getting his homework and other jobs done.  We are looking forward to a good year.

Mr. Preston is in 4th grade this year.  Preston always looks forward to school and always does well, even though he tells you how terrible his day is every day:)  Preston has had a good year so far.  There was a little girl who was teasing him and smashing his lunch every day so Preston and this little girl had a talk with his teacher about respecting each other.  They are friends now, I told Preston that sometimes girls tease you because they like you, he was just embarrassed by that.  I told him it is a good thing for his mother to give him a girls perspective of things, even though in the boys eyes I am just "Mom" not a girl. :)

Cute Carter is getting so tall, it is hard to believe he is only in 2nd grade.  Carter has also had a great year so far.  Mom and Carter worked really hard this summer on reading.  Carter struggled with reading last year and had just caught up to his grade level when school let out for the summer, so we worked really hard to keep all those good reading skills fresh in his mind.  He is doing great and loves to read.  Carter really likes his teacher, she was a kindergarten teacher when Carter was in kindergarten and he was hoping that he would get Ms. Fox so he was very happy when he found out she was his teacher.  Carter works with his vision teacher twice a week and they are working on learning to type on the keyboard, a skill I wish all my children would learn, it is painful sometimes to watch them pick away at the computer.

Aidan was so excited to finally start kindergarten.  Aidan didn't start school until 2 days after everyone else, which made him a little mad.  But see how happy he is his first day of school.  He was actually very excited to go to school, he was a little annoyed with Mom that I made him stop and take a picture on the way out the door.  Aidan's teacher is Ms. Franz, she was Austin's 3rd grade teacher, so we know her very well.  She is a great teacher for Aidan because she understands his spirited personality.  She is very spirited herself!  Aidan, true to form,  has already made  friends and is waiting for them to come play at his house.  Every day I pick up Aidan he says the same thing to me, "I am NOT telling you what I did!!"  but I can usually get it out of him.  I was a little concerned about sending Aidan to kindergarten this year because he is so young, he is only 4 and turns 5 two days before the Oct 1st cut off, but he is doing great and asks me every night if it is school in the morning.

This little guy gets to hang out with Mom all day!  I love having time to spend with just Logan, when your number 5 sometimes that is hard to come by.  Logan is 2 1/2 now and is turning into a big boy, he is starting to talk a lot more, and loves to go, go, go.  Logan misses his brothers while they are at school and asks me all day long, "Where's Austin, Where's Preston, Where's Carter, Where's Aidan?"  Mom is just not as fun to play with as those brothers, Mom usually makes Logan run errands or clean so I guess the boys are more fun than me:)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Super cute! I can't believe how big your boys are getting. Your boys make me smile. :)