Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

I am so happy to celebrate Easter this year, it is an especially special day this year because it is also Mr. Logan's birthday!!!  This little man is the big 3!!  Logan has joined the ranks of his brothers as a little trouble maker.  From perfect baby to fearless climber in three short year.  He kind of tricked us into thinking he might be our easy, calm child that we have always wanted (but never got)!  But he is a Condie boy through and through.  He loves to eat anything that has sugar or chocolate in it.  Not really a fan of fruit or veggies, or bread, or milk (unless its chocolate), or rice, or any real food.  He loves to climb anything that he can, the kitchen cupboards, the pantry, anywhere he can get to the sugar!  Like his brothers he is a little bit of a late talker and speaks his own language most of the time which only mom and a select few can understand, but he is coming right a long and in no time everyone will be able to understand the sweet things that flow out of his mouth.  Right now when he tells people at the store to shut up they can't understand him and I just smile and act like he said something sweet to them.  Logan loves to laugh and play and loves that he can get outside all by himself now.  This has lead to a little extra baby proofing in the new house.

Ahh the new house!  We have been in our new house for a little over a month now and we love it.  The boys love their rooms and the extra space, Austin is especially happy because he now has his own room.  Mom and Dad are super happy because we have our own bathroom that is off limit to little boys hooray!!  Although little boys sometimes sneak in and leave little gifts on the toilet seat so some extra security may have to be added to our bathroom:)  Pictures will have to wait since the camera decided to die right before Christmas:( 

March was a super crazy, super hard, super exciting, super sad month for us!  We found our new house in February and were set to close on March 25th.  Then Brian got this crazy idea that he wanted to move the closing up one week to March 18th and the sellers agreed so it was set.  My parents are renting our old house and were not planning on moving in until the end of the month so I thought we would just have some extra time to get the new house ready, maybe paint a little before we moved in, since the new house is very vanilla. 


But other things were in the works, we got a phone call the week that we were closing that Brain's mom, who has been battling cancer for the last couple of years, had taken a turn for the worse and would probably not make it through the weekend.  The Lord in all his wisdom knew we needed to close when we did and our amazing, wonderful ward stepped in and helped us move our whole house a week ahead of plans.  So packing was crazy and instead of packing in a organized day by day plan like I wanted, it was a two day throw everything in any box you can kind of move, which has made unpacking very exciting you never know what you will find in a box:) 

So we got moved and then made our very sad trip to Utah for Grandma Condie's funeral she passed away Sunday the 20th and we left on Wednesday for Utah.  We had just enough time to get everything moved into the new house, get the old house ready for my parents to move into and find everything we needed to pack for Utah.  I know the Lord was watching over our little family, I know he heard every one of my prayers, big-help my children find peace, and they did, and small-help me find all our clothes so I can pack for Utah, He did!! 

We had so many friends and family help us through this time and we are so grateful to all of them.  We could not have made it through this move and loss without them!  We love you and thank you!!!! 

And then we got back from Utah just in time for Brian and I to take a little get away to New York City:)  More on that later!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to celebrate Easter this year.  The comforting knowledge that the Savior died for us and then lived again for me means so much more to me this year.  Losing Brian's mom has been my first real loss of someone I loved so much.  It has been hard for me but my real concern was for my little boys who loved their Grandma Condie so much.  They were very close to her and her death truly affected their little souls.  I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and that I could remind them that families are forever and resurrection is real and that their Grandma will be made whole again one day and that we will be able to be a family forever.  I know this has comforted me and my boys.

Happy Easter!!

4 comments:

This Girl said...

Sorry for your loss. My family is dealing with cancer right now as well. So where's the new house? Are you still in the ward?

Jackson Family said...

you are amazing Vanessa-I loved your post, and I miss your smile and your adorable 'condie' boys--that's hilarious that Logan has decided not to be a calm boy afterall! I am sorry about your loss, how hard for all of you. I too, am very grateful for the atonement and the knowledge we have that He lives and we can all be resurrected and see our loved ones again. What a exciting, happy, busy, sad, stressful, blessed couple of crazy months you've had. And I can't think of anyone else who could handle it all calmly and with a smile more than you! :) I look forward to seeing picture of your house--

Katrina said...

Ditto the first comment. I'm sorry for the sad situation. Where did you move to?

Miki said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost Kal's mother this March as well. The kids like to think that Grandma is still here in spirit to keep watch over her grandkids. I'm sure the Lord is keeping out sweet mothers-in-law very busy. It's so incredibly comforting to know that we will see them again someday, that death is not the end.