Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sweet Aidan

This is my cute boy Aidan.
He is quite the character and always good for a laugh. He has been in speech therapy the past year and we are quite impressed with his progress. I understand what he says about 80 percent of the time, the rest of the world understands him about 50 percent of the time. As his speech improves of course this percentage is going up which I am very happy about. One of the downfalls: Aidan never holds back in saying exactly what he thinks. If someone offends him in any way is comment is usually "Stupid kid!" A kid to Aidan is anyone from 0 to 100 years of age. He is always told not to say that but I never worried about it too much because I was really the only one who knew what he was saying. But lately as he has become such a good little speaker his sweet comments are understood by all that have offended him. Aidan is also one who is easily offended. As a moody kid he is not always happy to be out with Mom and usually wants to be home watching Scooby-doo, this makes for a grumpy kid while running errands. So if you look at Aidan or talk to him at all he will be offended by you and all your friendliness! It is so fun to take him out:)
What you cannot see in this picture is the strand of my hair that is wrapped around Aidan's fingers. Ever since Aidan was a baby he has been obsessed with eating my hair. A very gross little habit. As he has grown older he has stopped actually eating it and just wraps it around his fingers and licks it. But where it really gets gross is that sometimes he finds a random hair on the bench at church or on the floor of a store and starts wrapping it around his fingers before I rip it out of his hands. I really hope he outgrows this little habit soon!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Wow! This is a habit I have never heard of. I guess you can be grateful he doesn't eat already been chewed gum or candy off public bathroom floors (my sister did that when she was little). But, still. Yuck! (on a side note: at least he looks cute while doing it)